Gross, right? Who would not wash their hair?! Are you trying to grow locks?! Me. I am a person who would not wash her hair for two months. Frankly, it’s not been gross at all. Find out why and how in the video below. Details of how I maintained my hair in micro braids–including products– are also written below.
Every 3 days:
- Spray ends with water until damp, almost soaking wet
- Use Kinky Curly Curling Custard, or similar gel that will not cause too much build-up
- Use a shea butter (whipped, preferably) to seal ends and maintain moisture
Every 2 days:
- Spray scalp with either pure water or a mix of water and chilled aloe vera juice
- Wipe scalp using a washcloth suitable for a baby to take away excess build-up (optional)